July 25th, 2016 — Floating Shelves, Free Standing Shelves
“A book is a gift you can open again and again”– Garrison Keillor
Giving away books is hard, you’ve cried together, laughed together, and fought side-by-side with the hero/heroine as they navigated through a journey of hardship and personal discovery. Instead of giving away your favorite books when you are running low on space, transform your current space to keep your books prominently displayed without losing any space in your home.
Turn the page to discover new ways to store all of your favorite books you’ve collected throughout the years.
- Turn a wall in your living room, den, or sitting area into a mural dedicated to all of your favorite books. Use floating bookshelves or wall boxes to create a unique design right on the wall, or you can install the shelves in perfect symmetry and use the book’s colors to create a unique look to the wall.
- Freestanding bookshelves are the norm for book storage, but who says you can’t turn them into a spectacular work of art? This cube-style bookcase takes up minimal floor space and the unique angles are visually interesting so you won’t even notice they are bookshelves.
- Are you looking for a more rustic alternative to book shelving? You can stack wooden crates on top of one another to not only create more storage space, but add a vintage look to your decor. Use cedar crates to offer a pleasant aroma to the living room or bedroom space. Tip: anchor each crate to the wall to provide additional safety especially in households with pets or children.
- Do you know anyone who constantly has a book in one hand? Never be caught without reading material with help from a magazine rack or holder. You can even use an over the toilet magazine rack (no I’m not kidding) to keep a book on hand so you are never forced to read the ingredients from a shampoo bottle again.
- If you are short on wall or floor space, there is a solution! Take a wooden magazine holder, turn it sideways, and screw it right into a corner of the room. This allows you to store books inside the makeshift shelf or on top of it, and you can also use it to store various odds and ends around your home.
Find all of these storage solutions and more at Organize-It. Do you have a unique way to showcase or store your books? Please share in the comments below!
January 6th, 2016 — Eyepoppingly Cool Shelves
Have a small closet or shelf? There are lots of things you can do to get the most out of your space. If you’re working with a small space, utilize shelf dividers to maximize your space. When you add dividers you can use more vertical space; the sides allow you to better contain stacks of folded clothes or organize large accessories. These attachments are also great in hall closets, kitchen pantries and much more.
Here are some of my favorite styles:
- Wire Shelf Dividers: If you currently have a wire closet system, then wire dividers are the way to go. The wire shelf organizers are designed to fit either tight mesh wire shelving or standard wire shelving and are constructed from sturdy steel wire with a durable white epoxy finish to maintain their clean look for years. These dividers attach with a simple squeeze; push the sides together so the bottom hooks to your wire shelf then release to secure them.
- Acrylic Shelf Dividers: If you’re looking for more of a streamlined appearance, acrylic dividers are a great choice. Acrylic dividers provide a more solid build; attach these organizers to solid shelves to create organized cubbies. If you have a custom closet system with shelves, this option is for you. Now you can organize folded clothes with ease and utilize the totality of shelves because you can stack clothes taller.
- Divider, Shelf Duo: Looking for even more storage surface? This multi-use piece allows you to divide up already existing shelves while creating MORE shelf space for your goods! This organizer slides over the edge of a shelf, creating a solid structure of two dividers connected by a top shelf. Now you can keep small pieces from falling over while creating a sturdy way to utilize every vertical inch of existing shelves.
December 9th, 2015 — Media Shelves, Modern Shelves, Shelf Storage
“Clutter-free” is my mantra as of late. I have been on a mission to give everything in my home a specific home of its own — or toss it! My office presents a tough challenge, though. There’s cords, papers, electronics… just so much stuff that I can’t seem to part with either because of work, hobbies or everyday chores.
I have a sleek, modern desk that my laptop and some simple organizers sit atop. That solved most of my problems. The only thing that remains is that big, bulky printer. As a writer and designer, I print at home all the time so getting rid of the home printer is not a choice.
One simple search on Pinterest shows lots of DIY ideas and I was tempted to try out a few, but lo-and-behold the solution was right under my nose the entire time. For under $300 I picked up this awesome Printer Storage Cabinet. For the features, this thing is worth the price tag. My life is so much easier now! And I still enjoy a sleek, clean aesthetic in my home work space.
Printer Storage Cabinet
- Comes in three lovely finishes to complement any space.
- Constructed from heavy-duty solid and laminate wood.
- Commercial-grade non-scratch wood for long-lasting style.
- Durable metal hardware and hinges offer added strength.
- Instructions are included for quick assembly on arrival.
- Manufacturer’s five year limited warranty.
- Feed cords and cables to the outlet through the back hole.
- Two swing-out doors keep stored items hidden from view.
- Pull-out shelf provides storage for a standard sized printer.
- A small to mid sized computer can be stored on the shelf.
- Top pull-out provides space to store a monitor or file sorter.
- Measures: 32 inches wide by 29 inches high by 20 inches deep.
November 13th, 2015 — Eyepoppingly Cool Shelves, Free Standing Shelves, Modern Shelves, Shelf Organization
There are lots of great ways to get the most out of small spaces. One of my favorite decorating tips is using bookshelves to create room dividers and separate existing spaces into multiple areas. With the addition of a sturdy shelf, a living room can become a sitting room and a home office… or a foyer… or even a breakfast nook! I love this trick because you can renovate your home without the high cost of building or re-decorating. It’s a great way to make apartments, condos and flats a little more homey, too.
The right shelf
- Open shelves: Open bookcases are a great way to to separate a room while maintaining a constant flow throughout the space. Utilize one or two bookshelves with open backs to separate living spaces. Once you add books and decor, the space fills out without a solid separation. This is great is you have a flat or one-room apartment because you can create specific spaces without making the area feel too small.
- Multiple shelves: Think your space is too big for one shelf to do the trick? Utilize multiple shelves to get the look — and it doesn’t have to be the same shelf! Find a style that comes in multiple models or sizes and use them together. One tall shelf and one waist-high shelf creates a great divider in larger rooms.
- Floor to ceiling: If you want to completely divide a space for privacy, use a floor-to-ceiling shelf. This option is best for small apartments. Create a closed off bedroom, or even create a faux “walk-in” closet behind the bed with one of these large shelves.
October 21st, 2015 — Garage Shelves, Shelf Organization, Shelf Storage
Once the snow starts to hit the ground, it’s time to store all your junk in the garage so you can pull the car in. It can be easily to let stuff stack up and accumulate, but a quick autumn weekend can turn your cluttered garage into a streamlined system.
- Heavy duty storage shelving: A quick way to add storage to your garage is shelving. Basic but heavy duty shelving makes it super easy to store and organize all of your stuff. These shelves are large enough to house all your auto and outdoor needs — plus fragile pieces like Christmas decorations in plastic bins. These shelves are strong enough to hold loads of weight and large enough to fit bins, boxes and other over-sized storage pieces.
- Storage cabinets: If you’re looking for more protective storage for your yard tools, painting supplies or power tools, consider a storage cabinet. These large, spacious storage pieces have height-adjustable shelves, closing doors and can be typically be locked with the addition of a padlock. Storage cabinets are great for garages and workshops alike, and they come in multiple sizes so you can find the best model for your space.
- Overhead garage storage: If you really want to store a lot — and most importantly — not have to look at it, overhead storage is for you. Storage lifts are a real handy and convenient way to get bulky storage bins out of eyes view. Most have motorized lifts so you don’t have to worry about getting out the ladder, too.
October 21st, 2015 — Bathroom Shelves
Matching bathroom storage creates ageless style.
Small bathrooms rely heavily on wall shelves.
These matching shelves were recently added to our site and I’m really excited about them. Here are the details:
- The Metal Bathroom Shelves are a wall mounted unit that adds loads of space. Two shelves hold toiletries, lotions and more while the bottom rod is perfect for hand towels. The strong steel construction is super durable while the soft brown finish is a great accent to any décor. The unit comes packed with all the hardware you need to assemble and install. The sleek, modern wave design is unlike any bathroom storage I have seen before. It’s simple and minimalist while still offering charm and character.
- Complete the look with the matching Three Tier Over the Toilet Shelving. This three shelved unit provides tons of storage for all of your bathroom goods. The same wave design and brown color are a great compliment. This piece fits over the back of any standard sized toilet, creating storage in previously unusable space – a great addition to smaller powder rooms. Instructions and hardware are included, too, for quick and easy installation and assembly.
Create usable storage with stylish pieces.
Find these products and more at StacksandStacks.com.
February 28th, 2014 — Eyepoppingly Cool Shelves
My new apartment is pretty low on storage space – this was a bit of an issue when it was just me and my wife. But just a few weeks ago we introduced the newest member of our family – and she brought a whole lot of things that need to be stored with her! No we didn’t get a new roommate, we welcomed our first daughter into the world. But man, she has a lot of onesies, pajamas, hats and socks! In order to make the most of the shelving space we had, I looked into some shelf dividers. These dividers were able to organize and maximize the efficiency of my shelves.
Shelf dividers are a great addition to any closet or open storage shelf. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, as well as a variety of costs and features. I did not need anything all that fancy, and I was looking to spend as little money as possible.
Luckily there are some excellent options for organizing your shelving with dividers. From wood shelf dividers to metal shelf dividers, there is a accessory for any situation. The shelf divider I ended up going with is the simple yet effective Cedar Closet Shelf Dividers for Wood Shelving.
This shelf divider set includes two dividers, making it easy to increase the efficiency of your shelf. These dividers make it easier to create small stacks of items such as clothing without worrying about them collapsing to the ground because there was not enough support.
Another great feature of these shelf dividers is that they are made from cedar wood. Not only is this a very durable construction material, it also gives off a fresh scent. This fresh scent is definitely a great feature, making my closet smell like a natural forest instead of smelling like stinky socks and dirty underwear.
Overall these shelf dividers were huge game changers for our home, increasing the efficiency of our storage options.
February 11th, 2014 — Eyepoppingly Cool Shelves
So I am gearing up for the birth of my first child. I don’t have to do the heavy lifting when it comes to bringing her into the world (my poor wife’s hand was forced by biology). However I definitely have to be the one that figures out where to store all of the additional “stuff” that you accumulate with the birth of your first child. I had no idea there was this much stuff. So I needed to find some appropriate bedroom storage shelves for the baby’s nursery.
Luckily this baby is taking forever to come, because I have really been dropping the ball on getting the nursery organized. Even though we have all of the other essential items you need for a child, most of the small accessories and clothing are still lying in heaps around the room. However, all I need to do is invest in some good sturdy bedroom storage shelves and the mounds of clothes will slowly disappear.
Instead of getting the bedroom storage shelves in a piece meal fashion, I went with an all in one set. The Deluxe Wooden Closet System is perfect for adding organization and storage to any bedroom. With this set I get all of the storage and organization I need for the baby’s room. It provides a great place to hang little pants and sweaters, plus a bunch of places to store all of the other essentials you need for a nursery.
This great set of bedroom storage shelves can be purchased piece by piece, that way you do not have to spend more money than you need to. Or, if you have a lot of money to spend a lot of storage to gain, you can purchase the entire set of bedroom storage shelves all at once.
These stylish wood shelves are really going to save the day when it comes to organizing my little girl’s room. Let’s hope she holds up her end of the bargain and doesn’t take too long to arrive!
January 31st, 2014 — Eyepoppingly Cool Shelves, Garage Shelves, Metal Shelves
So the other day I heard that Atlanta got totally wrecked by a few inches of snow. Traffic was jammed all over the city, people were stranded in their cars and children were stranded at schools. Sounds like a pretty huge mess over what amounts to a light dusting when compared to what the Midwest and Northeast get every year. Perhaps if everyone was more prepared and had some garage shelving storage to store their road salt and tire chains, this whole crisis could have been averted!
Okay, I am intelligent enough to understand this mess was the result of a whole bunch of factors – the lack of regional coordination on the part of the Atlanta-area mayors and governments, a heavily car-dependant culture in which just about everyone was driving, and a sprawling city which people needed to travel long distances to get home. But that will not stop me from giving you some excellent recommendations on the kind of garage shelving storage you need for the winter!
Those that are dealing with the snow on a year-in, year-out basis probably already have these sorts of things in their garage. But those of you that do not, it is better to be prepared for nothing than unprepared for everything. If you have none of the cold-weather items that you need for that rare occurrence, it is definitely going to make your life miserable. If you are prepared, a light dusting will not turn into snowmagedon in a matter of minutes.
So the first step is finding out exactly what you need to have stored. Once you have that all figured out, you can start to shop for the shelving. I like to use heavy-duty shelves in my garage, that way if I need to keep some heavyweight items in storage I have no problem. The most heavy-duty shelving you can find has a metal frame with metal shelves. What also works is a metal frame with solid wood shelves.
One highly reviewed item that makes for excellent garage shelving storage is the 5 Shelf Heavy Duty Steel Storage Rack. This shelf offers excellent storage options and is extremely durable.
January 24th, 2014 — Eyepoppingly Cool Shelves
Last week I began a tale about my new friend, a man who was in desperate need for wood storage shelves. Well today the amazing saga continues as I reveal what exactly he had in that bag, why he was so painstakingly eating his burger, and what exactly he needed craft storage for.
As I sat there and waited for my number to be called, I took a furtive glance at his hands. It was not that this guy was some sort of OCD – in fact his hands were filthy. And it was not with dirt or oil, something a construction worker or perhaps an auto mechanic would have after a long day at work. No, what was covering his hands was this strange substance with red, green and purple tinges.
I had never seen anything like that in my life before. I worked up the courage to inquire about his strange colored hands. Right as I opened my mouth to ask him, my number was called. I suppose it will have to wait a few seconds. I grabbed my BLT and fries and walked over to the concession stand and squirted some ketchup into those little chef’s-hat cups fast food places always have.
As I returned to my seat, I noticed he was gone! But his bag of mystery was still there at the seat. I looked around the patio for him, and could not find him. That is when I noticed the bathroom handle was all shades of the rainbow. He must be in the restroom. I took this opportunity to steal a look into his big old bulky bag and see just what was in there. As I pulled aside the top, I saw what looked like 5-6 mason jars full of green, red and purple substances, which kind of looked like fine-grain dust. That is when I heard the creak of the bathroom door opening, and I returned to my seat.
As he grabbed his bag to head off into the afternoon, I just had to find out what this guy was all about. Excuse me sir – I asked – may I ask what it is you have all over your hands?
Oh this stuff? This is simply the byproduct of my art. You see, I take the bus all over town and find the most desolate corners, and fill them up with color and brilliance.
I nodded towards his bag – is that where you keep your “materials”?
Yes and I am in a terrible quandary my friend! I need somewhere to store these jars while I go out and search for more materials. I will be gone for weeks and need a sturdy and spacious place to keep them.
Well my friend – I said. You are sure luckily because I specialize in writing a blog about things like wood storage shelves. Which make perfect craft storage for your mason jars!
He was very excited, and asked me where he can find the best wood storage shelves. I told him to take a look at Stacks and Stacks, because it provides great wood storage shelves and so much more!